Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Little Things That Make You Smile


After my final critique for my textiles class today, I realized how exhausted and burnt out I am. I went home and got straight into my cozy bed and felt a little sorry for myself. I have gotten in over my head and have agreed to do way too much and its finally getting to me. A little while later, I forced myself to get out of bed and head over to babysit. After the boys ate their dinner, I gave them each half of a chocolate iced donut with sprinkles for dessert. Mosby was so excited about his delicious donut. As I was washing the dishes I couldn't help but giggle to myself at the "yummy!" Mosby was repeatedly squealing. After he "finished" his donut, he brought me his plate with the half donut still on it and all of the sprinkles gone. I asked him if he wanted to eat his donut and he just shook his head and walked away. Sprinkles were all this sweet little boy wanted- I found myself smiling until I finished the dishes. Its funny how such little things can brighten your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment