Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another Finished Piece!

I have always loved old things, old furniture, houses, clothes, jewelry, etc. This semester I started incorporating the idea of "old" into my work and have been surprised with some of the ideas I have come up with. For my textile class, our prompt was to create something with a hidden meaning/element of surprise/or something with layers. I decided to photograph peeling paint (i posted those photos in an earlier post) and then transfer them to fabric and embroider over them, and then reverse applique them to hand dyed fabric. I finally finished my piece and am pleased with the outcome! The piece is a series of five, so they are hung in a line spaced equally apart. Here are photos of the series including close ups. (for some reason, the colors on these images aren't quite as vibrant as in real life...)










No comments:

Post a Comment