Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Emily Wright

I'm going to try to write more about artists that interest me and I thought I would post about my roommate, Emily Wright, because I LOVE her work. Emily is a wonderful roommate and very talented jewelry and textile designer. It has been fun to be an insider and see how she has grown over the past two years both in her concept and design. She really blossomed this past semester when she learned how to enamel. Her work is colorful and so much fun- not to mention she has an amazing eye for color! Emily brings textiles into her work in unique ways, always giving her pieces a freshness.

Em is leaving for Peru tomorrow and will be gone for a month- so today, she started a blog to write about both her artwork and her travels. I am very curious to see how this experience affects her jewelry and textiles. You should absolutely check out her blog to read about her travels and look at other work she has done!

Here are a few of my favorites...


This one is my absolute FAVORITE- i want to steal it and wear it everyday!


This one is pretty great too- it can be worn two different ways!


Emily also makes smaller versions of this one for $100- if you're interested, you should absolutely check out her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment