Sunday, May 17, 2009

Goodbye 523 Jackson Avenue

Its official, come Friday (May 22nd), our beloved yellow brick house will no longer be "home". My mom has decided to sell our home and move into a brand new house and give it the charm and character of our past houses. This has all happened so quickly but I understand that it's for the best. Its hard to imagine that Wednesday will be the last time I head home to 523 Jackson Avenue. Its bittersweet. I will miss our house deeply- it's where my mom so bravely let me paint my room neon green, where I had many sleep overs and get-togethers before school dances, where I got my first kiss, where I baked my first cake from scratch, where I used to chase my brothers with golf clubs when they would gang up on me, where so many things happened- it's where I grew up. Its hard to say goodbye to the house that I hated when we moved in, but that we made our own. My sweet Evan has offered the best insight as he has moved something like 9 times- he told me that for him,"home isn't a building, home is a place and the people within that place" I have found much comfort in this thought and I still look forward to returning home to beautiful Lexington, Virginia.

1 comment:

  1. it sucks, I know. Luckily, you will always have your memories. They are still crystal clear for me of 214 overhill.

    ReplyDelete