Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tracy Melton

Modish is officially the best blog for highlighting artists and their work. I check it daily and am usually impressed by what I see. My newest obsession is Tracy Melton (I discovered her on Modish several days ago).
"Melton takes dead red and white Elm trees, cuts them into slices, and adds his own brightly-colored tree rings to them with acrylic paint. Each piece is sanded and clear coated 3 times to accentuate the wood, then painted and clear coated again. They are hollowed out from behind for mounting. Each piece is a unique combination of the characteristics of the branch and the palette of the rings"
They are sold in sets of three on Melton's Etsy shop. I think I will definitely be adding these to my art collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment