Friday, July 24, 2009

Orange Slice

Once again, while clicking through Modish, I found these incredible jewelry pieces by Orange Slice. Orange Slice is a company based in San Francisco who is
"committed to being as low impact and as environmentally friendly as possible. Oh and [they] also take some pride in making unique, well crafted FANCY items."
Being a woodworker (even though its been a few months), I have a deep appreciation for wood. I especially adore the organic form of wood grain. I so appreciate it when artists enhance or further highlight wood grain. Orange slice does just this with their incredible detail work (thanks to the help of a laser). The intricacy in each of these pieces is captivating. I may have to save my pennies for one of these beauties!

Walnut Hardwood Laminate Teardrop

Acorn Necklace, cherry wood

Like Lace Earring, cherry (gold)

No comments:

Post a Comment