A little over a week ago, I posted a before picture of my upholstery projectand I am happy to say that I finished this morning! I had never reupholstered anything aside from covering the seats on dining room chairs, which is a piece of cake. This project, however, was a doozy. I was nervous when I agreed to do it but my mom convinced me it was definitely something I could do. After studying several upholstery books, I felt confident until I found out that they fabric I was using cost $55 a yard (remember someone was paying me to do this). Woah, talk about pressure! After many hours of frustration, an achy back and crampy knees, I am finished and quite pleased with the results! However, I think it will be a while before I tackle another upholstery project (at least until I forget what a headache this was!
*the chair owner wanted the gold paint to look distressed
I am Senior at Virginia Commonwealth University majoring in Crafts + Material Studies focusing on furniture and textile design. I absolutely love where I am and what I'm doing. I have many great friends and couldn't be happier in Richmond.