Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finished.

A little over a week ago, I posted a before picture of my upholstery project and I am happy to say that I finished this morning! I had never reupholstered anything aside from covering the seats on dining room chairs, which is a piece of cake. This project, however, was a doozy. I was nervous when I agreed to do it but my mom convinced me it was definitely something I could do. After studying several upholstery books, I felt confident until I found out that they fabric I was using cost $55 a yard (remember someone was paying me to do this). Woah, talk about pressure! After many hours of frustration, an achy back and crampy knees, I am finished and quite pleased with the results! However, I think it will be a while before I tackle another upholstery project (at least until I forget what a headache this was!

Before:


After:




*the chair owner wanted the gold paint to look distressed

7 comments:

  1. Anne,
    I am completely serious. I will pay you to reupholster my two chairs (almost same exact chair type as above). Email me.

    Maere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Anne, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, that looks great! I bought a la-z-boy chair from like the 70s for $5 at the thrift store a couple years ago and reupholstered it myself. It really is time consuming and exhausting, which makes me even more upset when I see my cats ripping it to shreds, haha. Your final product looks great!!!:)

    ReplyDelete