Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Family Treasure

Last weekend, when I was home for the fourth, I visited my Grandparents- which always promises to be a delightfully hilarious event. While visiting with my Grandmother, she showed me the most amazing quilt pieces that have yet to be pieced together and quilted. It turns out, my Great-Grandmother Sarah made these pieces over 70 years ago! The fabric and technique is beautiful, not to mention very sentimental. My Grandmother gave me the twelve quilt pieces (the best gift in the world) and I plan to make a beautiful, traditional quilt. I plan to be very meticulous in the construction so I expect it will take quite a while, however, I will post progress and final pictures!

Here's a sneak peak of the wonderful pieces!




No comments:

Post a Comment