Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson


I was never a hardcore fan of Michael Jackson. I will admit that I do love to dance to most of his hits and my favorite memory of my friend Sarah Heidel is her dressing up as him and lip syncing to "Black or White" at my 12th birthday party. Beyond that I can't say much more- other than his death is a bummer and I was shocked and a bit saddened by the news.

I do, however, find it intriguing that Facebook is flooded with people mourning the death of the King of Pop. My friend's status says it beautifully: "
Holli Flowers never realized so many of my “friends” were so close with Michael Jackson… I feel like a celebrity by association! My condolences to you all" ... Now I'm not mocking his death, life or anything of the sort- I just always find it interesting and somewhat unfortunate that all of a sudden when someone dies the most random people "suffer" deeply from the loss of someone they didn't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment