Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jet Set!

This first month of summer has been a little more than lonely. While I have been BEYOND busy, I have absolutely missed the contact of my MANY friends traveling abroad. E-mail and facebook messages or posts just aren't the same as phone conversations. Thankfully, a few of my friends have blogs so I feel a little more in touch with them.


Martha, my best friend from high school is studying in Spain right now! She has a wonderful blog that I check daily. She has been so good about posting pictures and telling about her experiences. She seems to be having a wonderful time- but I am gonna be a little selfish and say that I'm excited for her return as I miss our late night chats!


Sarah Paxton, my lifelong friend has been in France all semester. She's studying in Lyon at a French University. Talk about Jet Setting- Sarah seems to have gone EVERYWHERE in Europe. SO jealous. Luckily, she's been taking lots of notes for me for my trip to France at the end of the summer. (Sarah is in the middle of the picture)


Carly Dierkes, the sweetest girl to ever attend Camp Alleghany has been studying in Spain this past semester. I have loved facebook stalking her, she's been so great about posting fun pictures! The above picture is of her modeling in a fashion show!! She's on the far left- isn't she beautiful?


And Emily, my dear roommate, is studying in Peru! I've been keeping up with her blog- it sounds like she's having an amazing time. I think I might be the most jealous of Emily, given all of the amazing Peruvian textiles she's seeing in addition to how breathtaking Peru is supposed to be. Right now she's hiking the Inca trail up to Machu Picchu! I've been thinking about her a lot these past couple days- I can only imagine how amazing this experince is! (Emily won't be posting pictures until she returns home since she doesn't have her computer with her- but this is a picture of the salt mines, a place she visited)


And I can't leave out Paul, my buddy! He returned from China a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to talk to him about his experience yet but the pictures seem pretty amazing.

Sheesh! I have so many friends in so many amazing places! It truly is a wonderful thing. I can't wait to join the jet setter club!

No comments:

Post a Comment