Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Johnny Utterback

In a post back in April, I mentioned my friend Johnny Utterback. Johnny and I did a collaboration piece this past semester- he took an incredible photograph and I printed it on fabric and embellished it with embroidery. I really enjoyed the process and would love to work with him again.

Now enough about me- I thought Johnny deserved his own post because he is just that amazing. Johnny is a wonderful friend and talented senior in the Graphic Design department at VCU. In addition to his eye for graphic design, Johnny is both an incredible photographer and talented musician. I love to stalk his flikr page as it never disappoints- you should absolutely check it out!

Here are a few of my favorites of his most recent photos but you should absolutely check out his work.

(Johnny has several webpages- he has a blog, flikr, and a myspace page for his music- please browse through his talents!)

an awesome self portrait!

beautiful

johnny's attention to texture and detail has inspired many of my pieces

another great one!


No comments:

Post a Comment