Friday, August 21, 2009

Refinishing Project

I refinished this table a few weeks ago for a "client" (I guess that's what she's called). I was super excited to have the opportunity to get my hands on such a beautiful table that was crying for help. The table top had a cheesy light blue, white, and gold painting of angels and other decorative designs that looked like it had been painted by a 5th grader. Then, someone had painted the inside of each groove light blue. Sheesh! After lots of sanding and tireless use of a dremel, I got all of that ugly paint off! The client wanted the table to look as if it had some character and a few years on it. So, after restaining the table top to look like the rest of the table, I covered the whole thing in a nice beeswax finish. Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment