Monday, March 2, 2009

A Snow Day in March?

Growing up in Lexington, snow was a frequent occurrence. Often if I was hopeful enough during the winter months, we would conveniently have a snow day on the day of important school due dates. In the 3 years I've been in Richmond, I have seen light snow flurries a handful of times, making last night's 8" snow fall quite a surprise! I blew off yesterday's forecast for 6-12 inches of snow, especially since it was 65 degrees last Friday. Needless to say, I was elated yet somewhat panicked by the beautiful blanket that covered Richmond. Ironically, I did have a critique today, but didn't trust the weatherman as I would have in high school, and finished my piece last night, making for a more relaxing day.

I am babysitting this week for the most adorable 2 year-old Mosby, so it was really fun doing all of the snow day classics with an enthusiastic toddler. We made pancakes, played in the snow (although I couldn't get him to keep his mittens on for the life of me), read lots of books, enjoyed a few episodes of Max and Ruby, and colored in his Sesame Street coloring book. Today was a treat but I'm also looking forward to being back in class tomorrow (I know I sound crazy)





No comments:

Post a Comment