Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Little R&R

Evan and I had an amazing weekend in Stone Harbor, New Jersey. I can't begin to tell you how much I needed it. Before we left, I found myself so stressed out that I couldn't think straight- literally. Evan drove and gave me some time to unwind on the way up, which was so nice. I have never been to New Jersey before and the northern most beach I've been to is Ocean City Maryland which was not so impressive. Stone Harbor was absolutely beautiful, an adorably quaint town out of a movie. We spent the weekend laying out in the sun, swimming in the ocean, jet skiing, taking afternoon naps, hanging out in good company, watching movies, etc. It couldn't have been better! Sunday night, we headed out to our friend Liz's 7th (I think) annual White Party. Costumes are encouraged so Evan went as Dr. White (he had to, considering his last name is White and he will be a doctor come May) and I went as his nurse. I searched high and low for a non-skanky nurses costume and still bought an XL to gain an inch in length. Needless to say, we had a great time and won Best Duo! After 8.5 hours in the car on Monday, we finally pulled into Richmond a few minutes before midnight. Upon returning, I hit the ground running but it was so worth it. Yay for great weekends!





No comments:

Post a Comment