Thursday, January 21, 2010

My LAST semester


I have officially begun my LAST semester of college. Yikes! Its an excited yet terrifying feeling. I had my first class yesterday and hit the ground running. I'm super excited about what this semester will bring- I am especially curious to see which direction my art takes... We'll just have to wait and see!!

Last Sunday, a few fellow students and I gave a gallery talk since it was the last day of our show. It was rather anticlimactic until I found out that I sold my first piece! What a great feeling! I actually got to meet the couple who bought my piece and it was really fun hearing why they loved it so much that they had to have it. It's quite flattering to have someone want the work that you have spent so many hours on. Woohoo!!

Grace and I have officially started working on our project for our undergraduate research grant. Its all so exciting yet very overwhelming. We are being quite ambitious, but I think we can do it! We actually started a blog for our professors and mentor to keep an eye on our progress, so please check it out! http://douglasandduvaldesigns.blogspot.com/

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment